The Army Institute of Management, Kolkata (Formerly, National Institute of Management Calcutta) was established on 28 July 1997 by the Army Welfare Education Society (AWES), New Delhi, to conduct state-of-art Management Programme for the wards of Army personnel (80%) with an opportunity for the general candidates (20%) as well. The eco-friendly campus located at Alipore, in the heart of the ‘City of Joy’.
AIMK is accredited by NAAC (The National Assessment and Accreditation Council).
AIMK is a ISO 9001 : 2008 Certified Institute.
To become a premier business school recognized internationally for professional excellence in management education.
- Promote excellence in all dimensions of management.
- Empower students by offering practical, innovative and technology-driven management programmes.
- Prepare management professionals with a global mindset.
- Focus on building intellectual capital and foster an interactive learning environment through faculty development, interaction with industry, research and publications.
- To inculcate state-of-art management concepts and its applications.
- To develop managerial acumen and personality.
- To synthesize management education with Information Technology.
- To prepare the students for global market.
The Cutting Edge
- Established by Army Welfare Education Society (AWES).
- Ranked B-School in the country.
- Admission through CAT.
- Fully residential programme.
- Eco-friendly Campus with appropriate infrastructure.
- Reputed Faculty with work experience in industries and best B-Schools.
- Cosmopolitan student profile.
- Placement in reputed companies.
Established on: 28 July, 1997
Director: Maj Gen Deepak Dhanda, SM (Retd)
Alumni: 1400+ Worldwide
Ranked: A++ Category in India
- Award for Educational Excellence by The Indus Foundation Inc.
- Education Leadership Award 2014‘ by DNA & Stars of the lndustry Group.
- Golden Peacock National Training Award (GPNTA) 2014 for excellence in training and management system.
- AIM Kolkata has recently been selected for Business School Affaire & Dewang Mehta National Education Award and declared the winner of “The Best B School Award” for the year 2015 for its excellence in academics.
- The institute has also received B-School Leadership award for the year 2015 as recognition of leadership, innovation, development and industry interface of institute.
- The institute added another feather in its cap by receiving World Education Congress Global Award 2016 as a recognition for best academic & industry interface.