Established on: 28 July, 1997
Director: Maj Gen Deepak Dhanda, SM (Retd)
Alumni: 1400+ Worldwide
Ranked: A++ Category in India
The Army Institute of Management, Kolkata (Formerly, National Institute of Management Calcutta) was established on 28 July 1997 by the Army Welfare Education Society (AWES), New Delhi, to conduct state-of-art Management Programme for the wards of Army personnel (80%) with an opportunity for the general candidates (20%) as well. The eco-friendly campus located at Alipore, in the heart of the ‘City of Joy’.
AIMK is accredited by NAAC (The National Assessment and Accreditation Council).
AIMK is a ISO 9001 : 2015 Certified Institute.
To become a premier business school recognized internationally for professional excellence in management education.
- Promote excellence in all dimensions of management.
- Empower students by offering practical, innovative and technology-driven management programmes.
- Prepare management professionals with a global mindset.
- Focus on building intellectual capital and foster an interactive learning environment through faculty development, interaction with industry, research and publications.
- To inculcate state-of-art management concepts and its applications.
- To develop managerial acumen and personality.
- To synthesize management education with Information Technology.
- To prepare the students for global market.
The Cutting Edge
- Established by Army Welfare Education Society (AWES).
- Ranked B-School in the country.
- Admission through CAT.
- Fully residential programme.
- Eco-friendly Campus with appropriate infrastructure.
- Reputed Faculty with work experience in industries and best B-Schools.
- Cosmopolitan student profile.
- Placement in reputed companies.
- Award for Educational Excellence by The Indus Foundation Inc.
- Education Leadership Award 2014‘ by DNA & Stars of the lndustry Group.
- Golden Peacock National Training Award (GPNTA) 2014 for excellence in training and management system.
- AIM Kolkata has recently been selected for Business School Affaire & Dewang Mehta National Education Award and declared the winner of “The Best B School Award” for the year 2015 for its excellence in academics.
- The institute has also received B-School Leadership award for the year 2015 as recognition of leadership, innovation, development and industry interface of institute.
- The institute added another feather in its cap by receiving World Education Congress Global Award 2016 as a recognition for best academic & industry interface.